Finding Inspiration

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." - Mark Twain



Applying the colours, using the various techniques, and finishing a model takes time, patience, and effort.  But that's the fun part of the creation process.

The hardest part in painting for me has always been just finding the right scheme.  It's in that "getting started" phase in which I spend the most time and have the most frustration. Test bed models, ruined paint schemes...I have buckets of figures with half done paint jobs, odd colours, and minor dents (from me tossing the poor things back into a box!).  The challenge of finding the right colours, the right base coats and highlights, and all the final details is the mountain I have to climb before finally sitting down in front of a painted figure and having the joy of accomplishment that comes after that last coat of varnish.

It's to that end that I want to explore the things I use for inspiration...
<read more>

No comments:

Post a Comment